Job Title: Economist/Senior Economist
Location: Blairgowrie, Perthshire
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
One of the UK's fastest growing utility suppliers has an exciting opportunity for an Economist/Senior Economist in their busy Commercial division, and to collaborate with other relevant functions across the business.
The company is the leading independent water retailer in the UK and having established their business to participate in the English and Scottish water markets, they are now strategically positioned to take full advantage of the deregulating business water market in England.
The head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing. It is within commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
- Lead the Group's economic analysis
- Undertake tariff analysis
- Undertake pricing on tenders
- Undertake robust and original economic analysis to identify and analyse complex consumer issues and determine pricing/tariffs
- Analyse competitor pricing
- Work with internal stakeholders (including other analysts, business and communication experts) so that the wider skills of the organisation can be drawn together into advice that is analytically sound, and clearly communicated.
- Produce documents that are drafted to a high standard.
To be successful you will have:
- A post graduate degree (or equivalent) in economics and strong applied micro economics skills.
- Experience of working in one or more of the following areas: utilities, finance, commercial institutions
- A proven track record as a professional economist leading and shaping complex analytical projects.
- An assured command of a variety of economic financial models and the ability to retain a breadth of strategic perspective in your approach
- High levels of motivation and the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at the highest level.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrated through the ability to convey complex information with clarity.
- Naturally collaborative approach to integrate with the rest of the organisation to deliver sound evidence-based outputs.
- Experience in managing people and/or external consultants to deliver sound analysis.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Economist, Statistician, Commercial Analyst, Commercial Strategy Analyst, Economic Strategist, Statistics Analyst, Economic Advisor, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Management, Finance Services Manager, Head of Finance, Senior Accountant, Finance Officer, may also be considered for this role.
- Commercial Analyst
- Commercial Strategy Analyst
- Economic Strategist
- Statistics Analyst
- Economic Advisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job