Are you a reliable, dedicated, and engaging teacher of Economics seeking work from September?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a high achieving, heavily oversubscribed Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school on a part time basis?
Tradewind Recruitment have been asked by a selective 11 to 19 secondary school in Colchester to assist them in finding a qualified teacher of Economics to join their hard-working team of staff. The successful Economics teacher will be expected to teach the Edexcel curriculum to impeccably behaved students to KS5. This is a part time role with the school able to consider MPS, UPS and NQT's. The school are able to offer a permanent contract or a fixed term contract for the year.
This Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school is very efficient at sustaining an effective learning community. Passionate teachers combined with a strong academic ethos creates a vibrant climate for students to develop. Students enter the school above the national averages in core subject areas, the team is committed to continual improvement leading to outstanding results in Year 9, GCSE, and Sixth Form.
Economics is a popular subject at KS5 with three specialist teachers within the department, with over 80 pupils opting to take the subject at AS and A Level. Extra-curricular activities and involvement play a large part in the department including the running of Young Enterprises programs. The Economics department have access to excellent resources, equipment and space and they are looking for the right teacher to join this thriving faculty.
The successful Economics Teacher will be:
- Familiar and confident with the planning and delivery lessons in line with the National Curriculum.
- A committed and reliable teacher dedicated to the role.
- Consistently motivated to deliver engaging Economics lessons and set high expectations.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A positive and personable role model for their class.
In return the school offers:
- The opportunity to work in a thriving and popular school with high achievement.
- A collaborative and highly enjoyable working environment across the school.
- Well-equipped and resourced learning environments.
- The opportunity to work with students who are well behaved and eager to learn.
With the school situated a short walk from both train and bus stations, this is a great location for those reliant on public transport. There is also plenty of onsite parking available for staff.
To join us and be considered for this exciting Economics Teaching post you will:
- Need to hold QTS or a recognised equivalent teaching qualification.
- Hold a degree in Economics or closely related subject (such as Business etc).
- Three reasonable A Level results, preferably in Economics/Business or related subjects.
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this exciting Economics Teaching position, click apply today. Alternatively, email Tim on for more information.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first.
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates.
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request).
- More CPD courses than any other education recruiter - completely free of charge!
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'