One of Britain’s best-loved retail brands with over £2.5 billion of sales, Iceland is one of the fastest-growing ecommerce operations in the UK, building online user experiences that are set to be the envy of the industry. You’d never imagine that an organisation as high-flying as this would employ such a plain-speaking culture. Thing is, we’re the self-made success story of Malcolm Walker, our Chief Executive, who started the business with a capital investment of just £30 in 1970, so we’ve never lost our down-to-earth approach.
The successful candidate for the Web Developer role will be responsible for building and evolving the new eCommerce web sites and web applications of iceland.co.uk, one of the fastest growing eCommerce operations in the UK, building some of the best online user experiences around.
You will produce both complete and isolated feature prototypes to hand over to our development partner, make recommendations for improvements within the current framework, and become an integral part of any future site developments. You'll also need to maximise online opportunity by creating the best, simplest, most customer friendly website possible.
A key focus of this role is to work with the UX resources and the UI development team to produce beautiful, rich, interactive and well documented front-end prototypes for website(s) and marketing initiatives, making ad hoc changes to the look and feel of the site(s) through HTML, CSS & JS.
- Proven experience as a front end developer or Web developer with experience developing desktop & mobile websites. Additional experience in responsive design and tablet/mobile apps development advantageous.
- A clear passion for User Experience.
- The Web developer will ahve an interest in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues.
- Exposure to Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio for Web, Team Foundation Server advantageous.
- Passion for both eCommerce and technology, and comfortable in a business environment.
- Have an appreciation of stakeholder management, balancing their needs and requirements.
- Logical thinking and problem solving ability with exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills. Confident in working with teams across the business and externally.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job