Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with an Omnichannel consultancy focused on accelerating growth for retailers and brands. They support a number of clients with the 'Ecommerce as a Service’ offering - providing expert Ecommerce and marketing consultancy to clients who would like to grow faster yet are unable to find or invest in the right team. They are looking for a number of consultants to join the team with specialities in PPC, SEO and Social.
The eCommerce / SEO Consultant will play a key role in supporting the growth of our major clients both in the UK and across Europe. Joining a team of specialists and generalists, you will be able to work with and learn from a group of peers who have all honed their skills in Ecommerce trading, Digital marketing, Analytics, Customer Experience and Technology through working inhouse at client retailers and brands.
The primary focus of your role will be to support the Ecommerce Trading and Marketing team in delivering against client expectations covering the Ecommerce Trading and Marketing spectrum.
As you will:
- Support the Trading team with marketing support across our portfolio of client websites including liaising with any agencies where appropriate
- Understand and can talk confidently to clients about the changing nature of digital marketing channels, including your specialist area
- Support the creation of new business by representing the business within your network - for example, attending relevant Marketing events
- Keep up to date with all industry developments specifically in performance marketing
- Develop and maintain your subject-matter expertise: know and understand what 'good looks like’ in your field of specialism
- have a strong commercial mentality and are used to using insight regularly to make decisions to drive revenue and profit growth. You clearly understand all the levers which can be used to drive growth and can build business cases to justify your ambitions.
- understand the role each marketing channel plays in the marketing mix in driving store traffic as well as online sales.
- Be numerate and are comfortable with drilling into data yourself, using a variety of toolsets such as Google Analytics to understand how to improve performance.
- Supporting our Head of SEO, you will have some experience and a strong interest in SEO techniques.
- Supporting our clients on projects which range from assessing SEO performance and opportunities for improvements, to developing SEO and marketing strategies and commercial plans for growth to planning and running client SEO campaigns.
- You will be able to talk to the key differences between technical, onpage and offpage SEO.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience;
- You are likely to have between 2-4 years’ experience in the world of multichannel or online marketing. You may have a second European language which would be helpful in supporting our work across international markets.
- You will have experience of working directly with a number of SEO tools which are used to assess both search performance and improvement opportunities.
- You understand how SEO works closely with paid search and social outreach
- You will aspire to be the 'go to’ for SEO advice to inform other consultancy projects which might touch marketing and be a key player in building and shaping our retained SEO product services
- You are looking to become more experienced in SEO but have the ability to work across a wider area of the marketing or onsite ecommerce discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity that is designed to prepare a junior level candidate for a senior consultant role, so you will be introduced to advanced client management techniques & the strategic planning of campaigns
- Client Requirements
- Google Analytics