Main purpose of the role
Creating highly effective, original and targeted product copy for clothing
and equipment, maintaining the Cotswold Outdoor core brand values.
Sourcing and uploading images and video to enhance product information
available and aid conversion.
- Review and improve product copy and images to help give the best online customer experience
- To ensure Extended Range and Core Range products are listed as efficiently as possible and in line with the Outdoor & Cycle Concepts range strategy.
- Manage personal workloads efficiently (and if required temporary resource) at major season changes to ensure products have all the correct collateral
- Responsibility for entering product copy, uploading and approving of images for Extended Range brands, Cotswold Core Range and Sales. Use Excel to organise and process large sets of product copy, using formulas and VBA macros where required
- Writing and editing product descriptions and other web collateral, ensure all products have the required level of copy to support the online sales and conversion expectations Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the target audience through the content produced, maintaining the Cotswold Outdoor editorial style and 'tone of voice’
- Continually look for opportunities to improve the conversion rate of our Product detail pages and feedback to the Product Content Manager
- Source and process product images and videos when required, to support the wider Product Content team objectives.
- Support the eCommerce team with other content requirements and other tasks on an ad hoc basis to meet team objectives.
- Maintain product knowledge by being actively involved with product training opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience using the English language for creative and technical writing
- Attention to detail. Experience proof reading to identify and correct spelling and grammar errors; and suggest copy structure improvements
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and prioritise activities to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to write concise, informative and compelling "on brand" copy that conveys the product features and benefits to the end user
- Proven time management skills
- An understanding of SEO
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- The experience of writing for an online audience
Alongside your CV, please enclose a covering letter explaining why you want
to work for us, what you could bring to the team and we'd love to hear if
you have any outdoor interests and what you enjoy doing in your spare time.
Job Type: Permanent
Outdoor & Cycle Concepts Ltd.
Unit11, Kemble Business Park, Crudwell, Wiltshire. SN16 9SH