Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with an Omnichannel consultancy focused on accelerating growth for retailers and brands. They support a number of clients with our 'Ecommerce as a Service’ offering - providing expert Ecommerce and marketing consultancy to clients who would like to grow faster yet are unable to find or invest in the right team. They are looking for a number of consultants to join the team with specialities in PPC, SEO and Social.
The eCommerce / PPC Consultant will play a key role in supporting the growth of our major clients both in the UK and across Europe. Joining a team of specialists and generalists, you will be able to work with and learn from a group of peers who have all honed their skills in Ecommerce trading, Digital marketing, Analytics, Customer Experience and Technology through working inhouse at client retailers and brands.
The primary focus of your role will be to support the Ecommerce Trading and Marketing team in delivering against client expectations covering the Ecommerce Trading and Marketing spectrum.
As eCommerce / PPC Consultant you will:
- Support the Trading team with marketing support across our portfolio of client websites including liaising with any agencies where appropriate
- Understand and can talk confidently to clients about the changing nature of digital marketing channels, including your specialist area
- Support the creation of new business by representing the business within your network - for example, attending relevant Marketing events
- Keep up to date with all industry developments specifically in performance marketing
- Develop and maintain your subject-matter expertise: know and understand what 'good looks like’ in your field of specialism
- have a strong commercial mentality and are used to using insight regularly to make decisions to drive revenue and profit growth. You clearly understand all the levers which can be used to drive growth and can build business cases to justify your ambitions.
- understand the role each marketing channel plays in the marketing mix in driving store traffic as well as online sales.
- Be numerate and are comfortable with drilling into data yourself, using a variety of toolsets such as Google Analytics to understand how to improve performance.
- Set up optimal PPC accounts taking into account best practices, goals, KPIS and targeting.
- Work to strict budgets, communicating budgets and spend to managers and clients on a daily basis to ensure transparency.
- Take ownership for management and optimisation of client accounts including: daily checks, reporting, ad-hoc analysis, bid optimisation, ad copy analysis and client calls.
- provide concise, actionable insights and commentary to key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience;
- You are likely to have between 2-4 years’ experience in the world of multichannel or online marketing. You may have a second European language which would be helpful in supporting our work across international markets.
- Experience in setting up remarketing and similar audience campaigns with knowledge of use cases and limitations of doings so.
- Working knowledge of tracking parameters and tagging. Able to ensure consistency across accounts and fix basic tagging issues.
- Good knowledge of platforms such as GA, Adobe, Coremetrics.
- Google qualifications would be desirable.
- Experience setting up and running GDN and Paid social activity would be an advantage.
- Experience working directly in PPC within a retailer or brand (not just managing an agency)
- Retail and or brand experience is required
This is a fantastic opportunity that is designed to prepare a junior level candidate for a senior consultant role so you will be introduced to advanced client management techniques & the strategic planning of campaigns
- Client Accounts