Duration: Fixed term for one year. Review after a year with a view to the role becoming permanent.
Start Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Closing Date of Applications: Sunday 26th January 2020.
A small, established electrical wholesaler with around 20 staff based in Rochdale. Trading for over 15 years and theyrecently expanded and moved to new premises so your workplace is state of the art. You’ll work in a professional, airy, open-plan office with friendly, supportive colleagues.
They have an offline and online presence with 3 websites listing over 50,000 products and a turnover over £6,000,000 per year. An ambitious and committed to developing and growing their websites - the E-Commerce Manager role is integral to achieving this growth and supporting the goals of their Marketing and E-commerce Strategy.
The aim of this role is to:
Maintain, optimise and increase product listings across 3 websites and marketplaces such as Amazon. Assist in management of product data using our Product Information Management system (PIM). Increase traffic and conversion rates with digital online marketing campaigns.
There are two main elements of the role are: product data management and digital marketing:
Product Data Management:
* Liaise with Sales and Purchasing Team regarding new and existing products
* Assist with ongoing development of PIM system that will power the websites
* Manage Product Data Processors
* Add new brands from start to finish using the latest software
* Write compelling landing page and product listings
* Market new and existing products
* Build brand awareness
* Undertake appropriate and targeted marketing activities including:
- Content marketing
- E-mail Marketing
- Social Media marketing ( including development of hashtags)
- YouTube videos and marketing
- Content for the website e.g. FAQs
- Blog posts Analyse and review the effectiveness of marketing activities with Google Analytics – A/B testing
You’ll be working alongside (and report to) the Marketing and E-Commerce Director who is passionate and enthusiastic about the role and expanding/advancing our e-commerce business further. He will offer you support and guidance to upskill you in the Product Data Management side of the role (if needed). You’ll collaborate on the Marketing Strategy as well as the initiatives needed to support the Strategy and grow the websites.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Are marketing graduate
- Have studied digital marketing strategies as part of your programme
- Have excellent English writing skills
- Are proactive in your communication style and able to build rapport quickly.
- Adaptable, able to work with different people and be flexible
- Self-assured, driven, able to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
- Able to think strategically and be hands-on to execute a plan.
- Results-orientated, organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Used to working independently.
As an Expert Electrical team member, you should also be**:
- User focused - we aim to provide an excellent experience for the end-users, our clients and teammates
- Committed to quality - whether it’s a creative approach to marketing, an articulate e-mail or a well written blog – we appreciate the finer details when it comes to e-commerce
- Task focused - for us it is about finding the focus and getting the job done
- Flexible – we know that priorities and requirements change and we’re comfortable with that
- Positive - we are curious and enjoy finding solutions to challenges and obstacles
It would be great if you:
- Have an interest in the electrical wholesale and lighting industries
- Have experience or awareness of website management
- Understand or have knowledge of how to sell on Amazon and eBay
- Have used a Content Management System (CMS) such as Magento.
- Have knowledge/experience of using YouTube as a marketing tools
- Have knowledge/experience of utilising social media as a marketing tools
- Knowledge of product data feeds in XML or CSV
- 22 days holiday per year as well as 8 bank holidays
- A typical full-time working week is 41.5 hours the usual office hours are 8.00 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 8.00 – 16.00 on a Friday. Some flexibility can be accommodated
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent working conditions
- Training and development opportunities
- Performance appraisal scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'