What's the job? eCommerce Executive - The Times and The Sunday Times
Where do I work? News UK - The Times Newspaper Ltd Marketing & Sales team, News Building, London Bridge
Who do I report into? eCommerce Manager, The Times and The Sunday Times
Why are we here? To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
Sales and Marketing Department
The Times Newspaper Ltd Marketing & Sales department is made up of 4 teams; Brand Strategy & Planning, Retention, Engagement & Operations, Content Sales and Propositions & Market Development, working together to deliver the Sales & Marketing vision. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and differentiated
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the life time value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
What's my personal contribution
To increase consideration and optimise ecommerce conversion of digital and print subscription sales for The Times and The Sunday Times in UK, Ireland, and International Markets.
Be a key part of the hub of ecommerce expertise within the TNL Sales and Marketing team.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the delivery of a 'best in class' digital sales customer experience, with the goal of converting prospects into subscribers to The Times and The Sunday Times.
- Working closely the eCommerce Manager, Digital Strategy Manager and Digital Media Manager to drive our subscriber acquisition strategy across UK, ROI and International markets.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Marketing and Sales team to optimise online customer journeys to drive acquisition and increase rates of conversion for digital and print subscriptions.
- Continuously monitor, analyse, and act on data to drive conversion improvements across all aspects of the digital sales journey
- Manage The Times and The Sunday Times subscription sites across UK, ROI and International markets to launch new propositions and campaigns, using insight and analysis to constantly optimise activities.
- Develop and launch the digital 'test and learn' programme to maximise conversion and inform decision making across subscription sites and on-site conversion tools & programmes
- Identify and manage 3rd party technologies / tools / partners that can be used to drive short and long term conversion improvements
- Use insights teams from internal and external partners to feedback on performance of propositions and campaigns
- Help build a network of knowledge in best practice for digital conversion optimisation across News UK, News Corp and global leaders in sales funnel management.
What do I Know?
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Be a 'digital native' - thorough and proven experience of converting organic and paid media traffic into digital subscription sales
- Proven experience working with external agencies to support internal strategies
- Passionate about understanding consumer behaviour, digital customer journey optimisation. Previous experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture a plus.
- Thorough understanding and proven experience of the end to end campaign delivery
- Be able to take a pro-active "test and learn" approach to all activities, testing new ideas and hypotheses
- Have experience of working in an innovative subscriptions market that use digital as the primary acquisition channel.
- Strong relationship building skills to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships across News UK, and externally. Previous experience working with technology and UX teams is a plus.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills to develop a narrative to sell an idea and tell a compelling story to team members, peers, stakeholders, senior execs, and the board.
- Proven ability to work in the here and now in a fast paced marketing and trading environment, as well as keeping one eye on developing strategy and longer term plans. Previous experience within a subscriptions business is a plus.
- Previous experience in CMS management (e.g. Wordpress or Drupal) is a plus.
What do I Show?
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C's
We want people that relish a challenge; are resilient, adaptable to change, enjoy a fast paced environment, and are not afraid to question what's gone before whilst having a passion for doing things differently.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job