Selective Resourcing are partnering with a leading environmental consultancy to recruit a well qualified Ecologist. With over 20 years’ experience and 120 staff our client delivers environmental solutions nationally from eleven local offices throughout the UK, providing technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors - from large government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations. This opportunity has come about due to the continued growth of our client.
As an Ecology consultant you will be educated to degree level and ideally have previous experience in a similar commercial role, getting involved in a range of projects across industries you will provide expert advice to clients.
Main Duties to:
- Manage and oversee ecology projects.
- Write reports and technical review work.
- Advise clients on ecological aspects relating to their schemes - including mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects.
- Prepare fee proposals,
- Key liaison with clients
- Qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, Natural Sciences or a related subject.
- Previous ecological experience preferably from within the consultancy sector,
- Experience in managing ecological input to development projects of all scales across a range of sectors and working with other environmental disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison.
- Associate or ideally higher member of CIEEM.
- One or more licences for protected species surveys, particularly great crested newt and bats
- Full driving license.
In return the successful candidate will join a flexible department in a growing business who offer a competitive salary dependent on experience + a range of benefits to include: pension, healthcare cash plan, retail discount scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership amongst other reward and recognition schemes.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job