H9 Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for 3x EC&I technicians to join a brand-new Energy from Waste facility being constructed in Bedford.
The role will report directly to the Electrical, Control & Instrument Maintenance (EC&I) Team Leader, the EC&I Maintenance Technician will carry out routine, non-routine maintenance, and breakdown repair activities safely, efficiently and in line with company procedures, whilst ensuring the facility is operationally compliant with the environment permit. The EC&I Maintenance Technician is responsible for delivering the engineering health, integrity, performance, and commercial availability of the plant in a safe, efficient manner and to complying with all legislation, regulations and policies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting any Health, Safety and Environmental hazard observations, near miss, accidents, or incidents to the EC&I Maintenance Team Leader.
- The EC&I Maintenance Technician will be required to support H&S monitoring and performance to include safety inspections, plant inspections, plant area responsibilities and partake in routine H&S meetings and forums.
- Work in full compliance with Safe System of Work and Site Safety Rules.
- Support the development and review of maintenance procedures, safe working practices and risk assessments.
- Participate in facility improvement processes, co-ordinate corrective actions, defect notifications and rectification.
- Collaborate with the operations team to deliver facility Key Performance Indicators.
- The EC&I Technician will be responsible for conducting Proactive (Preventative) and Reactive (Breakdown) maintenance to allow safe reliable facility operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of all electrical, controls and instrument equipment at the facility within their own competence levels.
- Carry out hands on proactive and reactive maintenance activities in accordance with prescribed quality systems, procedures, risk assessments and OEM recommendations.
- Review OEM manuals and create maintenance documentation for EC&I equipment including, maintenance strategies, safe working procedures and technical specifications.
- Take an active role in the development and ongoing management of the facility Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for all maintenance activities.
- Contribute towards the planning and execution of EC&I outage work scopes and maintenance management systems.
- Manage and supervise specialist EC&I contractors for routine and non-routine work and during peak maintenance periods such as outages. Ensure the suitable procurement and management of contractors to the facility site rules and Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
- Self-track personal progress against prescribed plans and identify conflicts, delays and requirements for rescheduling, providing relevant information to the Maintenance Planner.
- Utilise the site Management of Change process to capture all plant modifications.
- Provide adequate EC&I maintenance cover for proactive and reactive maintenance. Available to be called in during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary.
- Ownership of OPEX and CAPEX projects from initial concept through to completion including completing any required Management of Change assessment and documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualified to HND/HNC or NVQ Leve 4/3 in a technical discipline or science subject, although relevant other qualifications with energy recovery or large process plant experience will be considered for the role.
A recognised Electrical, Control or Instrument Engineering apprenticeship is desirable.
Ideally have at least 5 years hands on experience in a medium to large industrial facility.
Working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Working knowledge of instrument calibrations, testing and maintenance.
Industrial plant outage planning and execution is desirable.
High Voltage equipment experience is desirable.
Maintenance experience of switchgear, transformers and generators are desirable.
Working and maintenance knowledge of DCS and CEMs maintenance are desirable.
- Maintenance Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'