Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an EC&I Technician to work for our client at their facility in Spalding. The EC&I Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day hands on operational safety, generation and environmental performance of the power station.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Deputise for the CI Lead as required
- Support delivery of priorities to maximize plant availability and reliability whilst carrying out all activities safely
- Work proactively with the Lead to ensure technical and safety competencies are maintained in order to fulfil the role
- Provide supervision of the contract workforce and provide hands on support as required.
- Proactively support the staff appraisal process and ensure the agreed targets and the training needs are delivered.
- Provide ECI support to the discipline leads and Engineers as required
- Utilise the MMS to maintain, service, repair, record history and manage spares for all maintenance activities and ensure information is correctly inputted and available for use.
- Ensure compliance with the plant modification procedures including all software modifications
- Responsible for planning, co-ordination, execution & supervision of contract support organisations to deliver allocated tasks during outage
- Responsible for maintaining critical station equipment including continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Ensure all core training in the plants Electrical and C&I systems is undertaken as agreed
- Ensure compliance with Company ISIs, SSIs and procedures
- Attend the morning and afternoon meetings as required and support delivery of the daily activities in line with Production priorities.
- Ensure all work entered into the MMS is planned, allocated and completed on a priority and timely basis
- Ensure WOCs/RAMs produced are accurate and have sign off before delivering to the Safety Controller for Safety Document production
- Ensure all allocated Procedures are reviewed, modified and signed off within the periodicity required
- As drawings are used, ensure they are reviewed, marked-up and revised if incomplete/incorrect.
- Contribute positively towards a culture of multi skilling
- Ensure work either undertaken directly or supervised is in line with companies Quality Management procedure
- Work with procurement to ensure value for money when managing designated contracts, purchasing parts or carrying out projects.
- Actively participate in company/site HSE initiatives including the HSE forum activities and procedure reviews.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as delegated by the ECI Lead and support other areas of the business as needs arise.
- To be ‘on call’ and fully responsive to all business-related contact calls.
- Ensure out of hours support is available as and when required.
- Available to change working patterns were necessary in order to meet the needs of the business
- Supporting the Loss of load investigations to determine root cause and deliver actions as required
- Assisting the development of and ensuring Production budgets are controlled in line with business plan requirements
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal, communication and motivational skills with a flexible, enthusiastic and committed attitude to work.
- Solution driven with a positive approach who works well in a small team environment
- Willing to learn and adopt new skills, attending training courses where required.
Education & Experience:
- HNC/HND Preferred but qualifications below this will be considered given suitable experience.
- A minimum of five years Power Plant O&M experience would be desirable but experience within heavy industry and/or technical production environments would also be considered.
- Knowledge of CCGT power plant operations and maintenance associated with gas/ steam turbines, permit for work systems, reading of technical drawings, computers, computer applications and computer aided Maintenance Management applications.
- Experience with instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc.) and vibration monitoring equipment.
- Experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC’s) Bailey infi90, T3000, GE MKVIe, Allen Bradley.
- Experience/knowledge of medium voltage switchgear and high voltage generators/motors and Transformers
- PLC/software programming skills would be an advantage but not essential as training for the right candidate will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'