*** Want to work with hard to reach young people? ***
*** Are you able to manage behaviour effectively? ***
*** Experienced in working with young people that display challenging behaviours? ***
We are currently supporting a KS4 provision located in Central Manchester that cater for young people 14-16 years with social, emotional or mental health education health care plans.
The provision is seeking to recruit teaching assistants for their staffing team. The teaching assistant work 1-2-1 and in small groups along side the class teacher.
The provision is looking for the teaching assistants to be self starters and can go work of their own initiative in the classroom environment.
- To develop an understanding of the special educational needs of the student/s concerned.
- To take into account the student/s' special needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, equipment and materials.
- To build and maintain successful relationships with student, treat them consistently, with respect and consideration.
- To help promote independent learning.
- To help reinforce learning.
- To assist students with physical needs.
- To help students record work in an appropriate way.
- To develop study and organisational skills.
- To help keep the students on task and to build motivation.
- To model good practice.
- To help build the student/s' confidence and enhance self-esteem.
If you would like more information on the school or the role, do not delay in getting in touch on or email
- Youth Work
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
- SEMH/EBD Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job