East Scotland Sales Manager – Craft Beer
£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus
My client is an award winning brewery, known for their particular style of beer.
They have built a great reputation, based on hard work, reputation and trust.
They are looking for a Business Development Manager for Scotland, who is entrepreneurial, commercially astute and able to build and maintain strong and sustainable relationships with customers, in order to develop growth of their Drinks portfolio.
You will have experience and knowledge of the UK on trade, along with huge passion for craft beer and will be responsible for growing volume, distribution and profit within Scotland, in particular West Scotland
- Responsible for growth & development of beer portfolio within Regional Sales territory.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and sales and revenue targets within the assigned area in line with Company budget and business plan.
- Retain and nurture existing customers, ensuring repeat sales, volume growth, increased rate of sale and customer satisfaction.
- Open quality and sustainable new customers, promoting distribution through approved route to market partners.
- Build effective trading relationships with key decision makers ensuring you successfully manage & develop draught and packaged volumes in existing outlets while introducing new business to the Company.
- Maintain good customer relations, by appointment, to develop and increase both volume and range of product in each specific outlet, improving rate of sale and visibility within venue.
- Introduce new products and seasonal brands to both new & existing customers through long term listings and ad hoc sales opportunities.
- Liaise with RTM wholesale distribution partner’s sales teams to identify opportunities within their existing customer base.
- Develop and report on a well-constructed prospect list reflecting the growth objectives outlined in the volume targets set.
- Commercial Support.
- Develop both volume and value of brands through new business growth via brand listings in quality new and existing customers.
- Support and champion brand activation – “right brand right outlet”
- Provide additional support via Staff Training both to venues and distribution field sales / telesales teams.
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales for a Brewery, Spirits or soft drinks company
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Competent IT skills: Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of craft beer
- Confidence to walk in to all styles of accounts with On-Trade from Pubs to Michelin star restaurants
- Able to work with autonomy, accountability and purpose to drive real change and deliver exceptional results, rewards are excellent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of selling a full portfolio of products.
- Ability to build and develop relationships at every level
- Good commercial acumen exhibiting strong ability to analyse numeric & analytical data.
- Ability to recognise customer issues and develop viable commercial solutions in response to opportunity.
- Team player who is comfortable working on own initiative.
- Record of achievement in both planning and implementation of plans / initiatives along with achieving commercial advantage through both technical and commercial ability.
- Ability to work flexible hours and provide ‘on call’ support & assistance out with standard office hours as required by the business.
- Confident, persuasive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
If you wish to find out more about this role then pop me across your CV and if you are suitable for the role – I will be in touch!
Or call me on
If this is the role for you, please get in touch, alternatively, if this isn't the role for you and you know someone amazing who would be perfect, we have a great referral scheme where you could earn up to £500 if a candidate gets placed. Email with your contacts
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. We give away fantastic prizes... every month!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job