We are currently looking for an Inspirational, enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join one of our Award winning settings.
* York Press Employer of the Year 2016
* NDNA 2016 Best Nursery in the North
* NMT 2016 Green Nursery of the Year
* Little Vikings 2016 Best Nursery in York
- Under the direction of senior room staff, safeguard children, ensuring excellent education and childcare.
- Under the direction of senior room staff, maintain a safe, secure and caring environment.
- Under the direction of senior room staff, deliver high quality learning and teaching.
- Take an active role within the room staff team, acting as a positive role model for less qualified staff, students, agency staff and volunteers.
- Although not directly responsible for other employees, supervisory responsibility may be given for assigned students.
- Go the extra mile in delivering the Nursery's vision
- To provide a friendly, caring and stimulating environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
- To work within and support the Room Staff Team, acting in a pro-active and professional manner.
- To meet the physical needs of all children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence.
- To organise the environment inside and outside to ensure that resources and equipment meet the needs of the individual children in the group, encouraging effective learning and independence.
- To encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with each other.
- To adhere to all daily routines and keep records up-to-date as directed by senior room staff.
- To plan and implement activities in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework.
- To act as a key-person, establishing a positive and sensitive relationship with assigned key children, taking a pro-active stance in ensuring that their needs are met at all times.
- To work in close partnership with parents/carers to develop independence, confidence and self-esteem, building the children’s resilience and well-being.
- To support the senior room staff in working closely with multi-agency professionals as needed to support individual children.
- To communicate with parents and external contacts in a professional, concise and polite manner.
- To support the senior room staff as needed to provide a smooth transition for children when moving rooms, onto school or another setting.
- To ensure you understand and action your specific duties regarding Health & Safety and Fire Procedures.
- To attend Room Planning meetings as required and take active part.
- To prepare for Parents Evening as required to be able to discuss key children’s achievements with their parents/carers in a professional capacity.
- To attend and take an active part in Whole Nursery Staff Meetings & Nursery Events.
- To keep informed of current Early Years Issues.
- To be proactive in the continuation of your own learning to improve the outcomes for children and their families.
- To carry out any adhoc projects or duties as requested by the Management Team.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others ensuring compliance with our Health & Safety Policy.
- To comply with the Nursery Policies and Procedures.
- To adhere to the Nursery Staff Uniform Dress Code.