Job Title: Early Years Practitioner / Nursery Nurse
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,500.00 - £18,500.00 /year
A great opportunity has arisen for an Early Years Practitioner to join a large, thriving and well-established private day nursery. Based in South Croydon, Greater London, the successful Early Years Practitioner will join the company’s fun and friendly team to earn a generous salary of £17500+, depending on experience.
With over 20 years of experience, the nursery prides itself on the exceptional level of quality care it provides for young children aged between 3 months to 5 years. It provides a loving, caring and friendly environment, one in which children have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in every area in order to reach their full potential. As an Early Years Practitioner your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with parents and carers
- Supporting children with their individual personal hygiene needs
- Providing effective and regular feedback to parents on their child’s day, personal development and any other relevant information
- Ensuring a bright and stimulating attractive room with colourful appropriate activities and displays showing children’s work
- Assisting with care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery
- Supervising children at all times indoors and outdoors including mealtimes and snack breaks
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in childcare or even a complete career change, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. To be considered for the Early Years Practitioner role you must have an NVQ3 qualification and good knowledge of the EYFS, observations and tracking but someone who is newly qualified and interested in advancement in child care will also be considered. In addition, you must possess the following key skills and experience:
- Good communication skills
- Desire to help children develop and grow to achieve their full potential
- Sense of humour
- Enthusiasm and patience
- An attentive and compassionate nature
- A BIG smile
If you’re interested in the opportunity for the Early Years Practitioner position based in South Croydon, with excellent training opportunities to develop your career, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Additional information: The nursery is within walking distance to many transport links including tram, railway and buses. Package includes annual leave allowance of up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Communication Skills
- Early Development