Early Years Learning Support Assistant
Melton Primary School have 3 exciting opportunities available to join us as an Early Years Learning Support Assistant. Based in Woodbridge, you will join us working all 38 weeks per year on a fixed-term contract until 31st August 2022, initially. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,933 pro rata (£9.81 per hour).
Located at the heart of Melton Village, the school is driven by a strong, nurturing ethos which supports the development of the whole child.
“Pupils at Melton Primary are enthusiastic learners. They benefit from a curriculum that excites their interests and extends their knowledge across a broad range of subjects. Pupils are achieving well and are well prepared for their next stage of education.” (Ofsted, September 2021)
About the Early Years Learning Support Assistant role:
Post 1: 20 hours per week, 8.45am - 12.45pm
Post 2: 25 hours per week, 12.30pm – 5.30pm
Post 3: 31.5 hours per week, 8.50am - 3.35pm
We are seeking to appoint three highly motivated and committed Learning Support Assistants to work in our new and rapidly growing nursery class. Melton children enjoy learning and this is reflected in their excellent behaviour and attitudes towards challenge. We are seeking learning support assistants who can help to enhance our engaging, challenging and nurturing curriculum.
“In the Early Years, children practise their skills in listening and speaking through songs, games and practical activities. They learn new routines quickly and are settled into school life.” (Ofsted, September 2021)
Main responsibilities as an Early Years Learning Support Assistant will include:
- Caring for and supervising the children to ensure their physical, emotional and intellectual wellbeing
- Helping to set up the Nursery classroom and to help tidy away at the end of the day
- Acting as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met
- Planning and preparing activities to meet the children's individual needs
- Offering all children inclusive opportunities regardless of their background and fostering diversity and equality
- Keeping development records and observations
- Ensuring positive management of children's behaviour
- Supervising children including support with personal care and hygiene
- Providing a good role model for children and helping new children and staff to settle into the nursery.
What we are looking for in our Early Years Learning Support Assistant:
We are looking for positive practitioners who are passionate about supporting the development of children. You will need to:
- Be committed, enthusiastic and enjoy the interaction with the children
- Set good examples and build the childrens’ confidence in being school-ready
- Have good interpersonal skills including the ability to use judgement and common sense and be able to work on own your initiative.
You will also demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Planning and providing high-quality childcare and education in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Development Matters
- Keeping children safe in education
- Health and Safety regulations
- Supporting children’s behaviour
- SEN Code of Practice.
Level 2 Early Years education and childcare qualification or above is preferred.
If you would like to join our team as a new Early Years Learning Support Assistant or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Friday 17th December 2021
Please be advised that we could appoint prior to the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'