Westbrook Hay Prep School are looking for enthusiastic and skilled Early Year’s Assistants to join our Foundation and Year 1 team based in Hemel Hempstead.
Job Title: Early Year’s Assistant
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £12,309 - £17,698 + Afterschool (Minimum 1 day per week) is paid at a rate of £11.16 per hour
Days/hours: Monday – Friday 8:15am – 4:00pm
Afterschool Hours: Monday – Thursday 4:00pm – 6:00pm / Friday 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Early Year’s Assistant – The Job:
We welcome applications from candidates who are either unqualified but have relevant experience and/or are interested in developing their skills to undertake study for a relevant qualification. A good standard of both written and spoken English and ideally GCSE maths is required. The person appointed will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, planning, and administrative skills.
Qualified candidates will have a full and relevant Level 3 qualification in Early Years (gained prior to 1st September 2014), or from 1st September 2014, a qualification which meets the early years educator criteria, as a minimum and GCSE English and Maths. They will be fully conversant with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance, and have experience of delivering this curriculum.
All candidates will have consistently high expectations of themselves and the pupils. An ability to motivate and stimulate the pupils under the guidance of the Class Teacher is essential. All members of Westbrook Hay Prep School are fully supportive of the aims and ethos of the School and all staff share in pastoral responsibility.
In addition, all Early Years and Year 1 Assistants are expected to support and extend pupil’s learning under the guidance of the Class Teacher/Leader and to promote the social welfare of individual pupils. They will also be expected to maintain records of the children’s development and, consult with parents or communicate with other professionals in or out of school, including participating in meetings in support of any of the purposes described above.
Early Year’s Assistant - Requirements:
- Driving licence: full clean required.
- DBS: satisfactory enhanced check including barred list required on file before start date.
- Other documentation: professional certificates; medical declaration; overseas declaration; disqualification by association.
- Out of hours: the position may require additional duties as part of and in addition to the normal responsibilities.
- References: appointment subject to two satisfactory references; one from immediate previous employer and one other: required to be on file before start date
- Probationary period: 6 months. Two weeks’ notice may be given by either party either during or at the end of the probationary period.
- Notice period: 2 months following successful completion of the probationary period
- All inset days (the last Friday before each term starts), parents’ evenings, open mornings, speech day, sports day and WHA events specific to the children in your care.
- Plus 2-3 additional days per term for the purposes of preparing classrooms
- Have up to date ICT skills which include the use of the MS Office package, email, cameras and iPads.
- The successful applicant will participate fully in the School’s Performance Management and INSET programmes and take a full share in responsibility for the discipline and Health and Safety of all pupils in the School.
- Westbrook Hay has an active Parents’ Association which all staff are expected to help and support.
Early Year’s Assistant – Benefits:
- Holidays. Statutory holiday to be taken in school holiday only plus bank holidays.
- Pension: school stakeholder scheme for support staff.
- Expenses: all reasonable costs associated with the role will be reimbursed upon receipts.
To complete your application for one of these exciting Early Year’s Assistant opportunities, please click ‘Apply’ now. You will be redirected to our careers page where further instructions on how to complete your application can be found.
Westbrook Hay Prep School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post including an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check and references from past employers. Where relevant, staff will also be asked to make a Declaration of Suitability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job