Job Title: Early Years Assessor (Home Based)
1.2 FTE - Temp To Potential Perm
Contract Type: Temporary - Ongoing - Immediate Start
*Post-holders can be required to work at any College Centre
The primary purpose of this job role is to;
• Take overall responsibility for an agreed caseload of students and to ensure successful completion of the full programme.
• Act as main point of contact for students, providing feedback on progress as required.
• Assess learner’s competence and provide feedback in line with appropriate industrial and qualification standards, and record assessment outcomes.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to;
- 1. Organise and provide training and support for students
- 1.1 Facilitate access to online training programmes in the appropriate area, providing support to Students to achieve their qualifications within agreed timescales.
- 1.2 Provide information, advice and guidance to students throughout the qualification
- 1.3 Prepare students for assessment.
- 1.4 Provide instruction and training, ensuring training meets standards set by the College and Awarding Organisations
- 2. Conduct assessments
- 2.1. Organise and plan online assessment opportunities with students.
- 2.2. Carry out assessment of written work submitted online, providing detailed online feedback within agreed time scales.
- 2.3. Ensure fair access to equality of opportunity in assessment for all students.
- 2.4. Comply with the relevant Awarding Organisation and College quality assurance processes and requirements in all assessment practice.
- 2.5. Support students in completing assessment portfolios.
- 2.6. Present students work for quality assurance purposes when required.
- 3. Conduct Reviews
- 3.1. Carry out two reviews with the students during the qualification.
- 3.2. Complete review records as required.
- 3.3. Maintain and make available comprehensive records of student progress in line with ESFA contractual requirements and college policies.
- 4. Administrative Responsibilities
- 4.1. Maintain accurate records for all students.
- 4.2. Complete the appropriate documentation when students successfully complete or withdraw from the programme.
- 4.3. Attend internal and external meetings as appropriate eg. quality assurance, team meetings.
- 5. Professional Development
- 5.1. Maintain and update your own knowledge and skills (CPD) in line with Awarding Organisation and College requirements.
- 5.2. Undertake training identified as relevant to the position.
- 6. IQA
- 6.1 Contribute to IQA strategies that reflect the College’s IQA policies
- 6.2 Create IQA plans to ensure that they are updated accordingly
- 6.3 Support and mentor other Assessors as identified in the IQA strategy
- 6.4 Participate in standardisation meetings and lead where appropriate
- 6.5 Ensure cognizant with Awarding Organisations updates to qualifications and processes, and with EQUAL and CRC quality processes
- 6.6 Ensure that internal quality assurance happens in line with the agreed strategy
• Level 3 relevant vocational qualification and relevant vocational CPD
• Level 3 TAQA or Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Qualifications (or equivalent, A1, etc)
• Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of assessment Qualification
• Recent assessing experience in the relevant curriculum area.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable Adults.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'