Early Arrears Management Officer
£20,000 - £22,000 per Annum
Manchester City Centre
My Client is a not-for-profit Company that is looking to take on an Early Arrears Management Officer to manage a portfolio of Start-Up Loan Clients who have defaulted on their loan repayments. The appointed candidate will establish repayment programmes or bring repayments up to date and maintain arrears rates below minimum contractual requirements.
- Communicate professionally and confidently with Clients to establish rapport and achieve repayment.
- Achieve weekly targets for Early Arrears Management from customers to meet contractual targets.
- Identify and escalate high risk accounts.
- Prepare performance management Information for the Early Arrears Management Manager to monitor performance.
- Clarify with Business Advisers and Mentors about any queries from loan recipients with regard to the loan or their business to support client in agreeing to repayment programme.
- Maintain the loan management system to ensure client information is correct and up to date in accordance with data protection rules.
- Record customer contacts and agreements factually at every stage of the collections process to support business reporting to contract providers.
- Commit to a personal continuous development plan to improve both your performance and customer added value.
- Liaising with all Third Parties authorized to act on the Customers behalf.
- Ensure all responsibilities under Treating Customer Fairly are met.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of 300 customers.
- To contact Customers in arrears effectively for payment by telephone, email and letter whilst following FCA requirements at all times.
- Treat Customers fairly with respect and dignity.
- Negotiating Repayment Plans for Customers experiencing genuine financial difficulties.
- Signpost organisations offering free impartial debt advice for Customers experiencing financial difficulties.
- Account and CRM database management.
- Numerical and communication skills – “Communicate with impact and empathy”.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- IT skills and a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and computerised management systems.
- Diary management.
- Credit Control and arrears experience.
- Understanding and experience of financial process.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply MGC values: Make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing, build on success.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interviews.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job