EA / Business Support Assistant - Hampton Court - £26,400 + Great Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced EA / Business Support Assistant to work with an interesting charity based in Hampton Court. This is a full-time role Monday to Thursday 9 to 5.15 and Friday 9 to 5, with a one hour for lunch
This EA/ Business Support Assistant position is an exciting opportunity to work for a large, well established charity. You will need to be a self-starter who can assist one of the Directors, with occasional support to 3-4 Senior Managers in the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
To fulfil an executive assistant role reviewing, producing and disseminating material essential for the smooth running of the department.
Provide the highest quality administrative, project and financial support to the Director and Senior Management Team.
Manage the Director`s office, their diary and work by providing confidential and professional support.
Key areas of responsibility -The Director`s office management duties:
- Act as the first point of contact for all queries coming in to office. Anticipate issues and alert the Director and Senior Management team, as appropriate to any potential issues.
- Review, produce and disseminate material/ information as appropriate including written reports and presentations.
- Manage the Director`s diary and time/attendance at meetings/preparation for those meetings etc.
- Develop and manage an efficient `brought forward` system to ensure completion of work and responses are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage an efficient filing system both electronically and in hard copy.
- Organise travel arrangements as and when required including for the Director and Senior Management Team.
- Take action points of meetings and follow up on actions as required.
- Work with other departments and external partners to plan, develop and execute internal and external communications for department activities, successes and contribution to the organisations Cause
- Manage the department`s communication with Chairman, Trustees, and other partner organisations.
- Draft, check and edit the Director`s communications, papers and reports.
- Decide on appropriate action required and respond to both written and verbal queries where possible and appropriate, before escalating to the Director.
- Explore new and support production of digital channel communications.
- Manage the Director`s email inbox, creating an appropriate electronic filing system. Prioritise responses for the Director to review.
- Liaise with Executive Board and their PAs.
- Lead on the preparation and production of the Annual Operations, collate and consolidate information; help write the plan, review and validate financial information. Lead communication between the Financial Planning team
- Responsible for the co-ordination, reporting, processing and monitoring of the Director`s office budget.
- Raise and process purchase orders for Director.
- Monthly reconciliation of their own and Director`s procurement cards and checking invoices and statements.
- Analyse, reconcile and pass payment to finance for invoices.
Projects and Business Support
- Take briefings from the for team and other projects
- Support Director and team in undertaking specific projects and activities, carry out research, develop written and presentation material.
Other Executive functions
- Organise and deliver functions and events such as celebrations, retirements, Senior Team away days.
- Support the Senior Management Team by drafting, creating papers and reports.
- Lead on capturing and reporting of Directorate KPIs (i.e. sickness absence, annual leave, recruitment etc.)
- Liaise with maintenance and IS to resolve general office problems.
- Order stationary for the office and oversee office equipment e.g. photocopiers.
- Comply with all fire, health and safety and sustainability requirements.
- Receive visitors and organise refreshments for meetings as required.
- Act as Brand Guardian for all communications produced by Director`s office.
- Co-ordinate reward vouchers nominations and long service awards with the HR department.
- Maintain appropriate records for the department and complete all year-end financials and documentation.
- On occasions there will be a need to undertake other relevant activities which fall under the general scope of this role a requested by the Director
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our client`s requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- Diary Management