Location: Peldon, Colchester
Salary: £10.60 - £11.00 per hour
Weekend £13.25 - £13.75 per hour
Bank Holidays £15.90 - £16.50 per hour
Christmas / NY £21.20 - £22.00 per hour
Sleep in Allowance: £70.47 per night
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Job ref: E329
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
The role of Team Leader will include the day to day responsibility for the running of one of our residential services in Peldon, Colchester, which will be in close liaison with the Deputy and Registered Managers. Providing daily support to people who are within the autistic spectrum, you will be actively supporting and encouraging the people we support to carry out their daily routines and both in house and community based activities.
You will be a flexible individual with a proactive approach to your work and have good leadership skills.
Your main duties will include:
- Leading the staff team and allocating duties to ensure that the people we support have their daily needs fully met.
- Day to day responsibility for the running of the service, supporting staff members and promoting open and effective communication.
- Prepare written reports as required and attend multi-disciplinary team meetings, joined up senior meetings, Annual Review Meetings and Care Meetings.
- Manage a supportive partnership with the families, advocates, significant others and external bodies to support a positive image of Autism Anglia and the work we carry out.
- Work with other staff to key work the people we support, promoting independence and advocating on their behalf if required.
- Experience of working within adult health and social care services - essential
- Experience of working with individuals with an autistic spectrum condition or willingness to learn - essential
- Ability and willingness to contribute to the formulation of procedures - essential
- Experience of the supervision and development of staff - essential
- Ability and confidence to make decisions, encourage, motivate and advocate for others - essential
It is essential that the post holder should have a full driving licence.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
- Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications;
- Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Additional holiday based on length of service
- Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
- Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
- Pension scheme
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adultsand expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working or reasonable adjustments to support them.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of a full application being made, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
- Care Plans
- Social Care
- Team Leader
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'