Salary: £9.15 - £9.45 per hour
Weekend £11.44 - £11.81 per hour,
Bank Holidays £13.73 - £14.18 per hour, and
Christmas / New Year £18.30 - £18.90 per hour
Sleep in Allowance: £70.47 per night
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week - plus sleep in duties
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia has a clearly defined pay progression structure and provides ongoing training including nationally recognised qualifications. In addition we also offer ongoing supervision and support, continuing professional development, as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
You will provide daily support to people who are within the autistic spectrum, supporting and encouraging service users to utilise activities and opportunities available to them through Autism Anglia’s service. You will be responsible for a team of Support Workers, working in partnership with the Team Leader in the day to day running of a residential service.
NB - due to the needs of the individuals we support we can only accept applications for female candidates for this role
You will be a flexible individual with a proactive approach to your work and have good leadership skills. Your main duties will include:
- Working alongside the Team Leader in the day to day management of the service and to deputise in their absence.
- Developing and maintaining up to date individualised support plans appropriate to the specific needs of the service user to encourage development to their full potential.
- Supporting colleagues to ensure a high standard of delivery, recognising positive achievements for service users, staff and individuals.
- Supporting the service users with personal care, health and hygiene with the focus of developing daily life skills
- Supporting/enabling service users in daily activities which could include: swimming, cycling, walking, tennis and other community based activities.
We need people who share our passion for making a difference and although experience of working with autism would be valuable, it is not essential for this role as full training will be given.
- Experience of working within a health and social care environment with individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition - desirable
- Ability to manage emotionally and physically challenging situations and behaviours - essential
- Ability to identify needs, wishes and aspirations of individuals who may have communication needs - essential
- Line management experience including supervision and development of staff - desirable
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
It is essential that the post holder should have a full driving licence.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working or reasonable adjustments to support them.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
- Care Plans
- Personal Care
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'