If you’re looking for a new challenge with a real opportunity to work out of your comfort zone and you want to work for a truly global brand you ought to keep reading.
The original youth travel company Contiki Holidays would love to meet a 1st class inbox schmoozer to join their Digital Web Agency (BS&T) as Email Marketing Manager to take their ecomms programme to new heights. You’ll work within a team whose sole focus is on Contiki’s digital efforts and so this is very much akin to a client side role.
Contiki have been doing their thing for 50 years, offering trips in over 46 countries and 6 continents, from quick breaks to epic journeys. They started out as a bunch of young travellers discovering the world together & this is still at the heart of everything they do. Their trips bring together young people from across the globe looking for the ultimate journey packed full of awe inspiring places & unforgettable memories.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We think bigger than blue sky, we work at a pace Usain Bolt would struggle with and between us we’ve travelled to more places than there are in the world!
You’ll be responsible for planning, managing & implementing the global email marketing strategy. This is a hands-on role with full responsibility of the email channel.
Do you daydream about email marketing & consumer relationship management (CRM)?
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, this role would be perfect for an innovative and ambitious email marketer who laughs in the face of a hard bounce and loves to get up close and personal with travellers’ inboxes.
How do you stack up against the following?
- Excellent knowledge of the online/digital environment, in particular best-practice email marketing
- 2+ years email marketing experience (ideally in a consumer sector), including strategy development
- Experience with planning, co-ordinating, testing, delivering and analysing ecomms
- Ability to implement and drive global or regional strategies through measurement and analysis of campaigns
- Ability to work with regional marketing teams to optimise email campaigns
- Experience in creating campaigns from concept through to copywriting and delivery, including testing & optimisation
- Hands-on experience using CRM systems & a clear understanding of customer segmentation & targeting capabilities to drive engagement and retention rates (experience in using Saleforce would be preferable)
- Experience in setting up and deploying email campaigns in a recognised ESP (experience of Exact Target would be preferable)
- The ability to define measures of success and report against them, making recommendations on future campaign development.
- Strong experience of working in a fast-paced marketing environment, delivering integrated email marketing campaigns
- Ability to work with Project Managers and Developers to identify and implement commercially focused enhancements to CRM and Email systems such as behavioural-based triggered emails and dynamic content
- A clear commercial focus and understanding of how e-marketing fits into a broader marketing strategy
Still think you’ve got what it takes?
You’ll need the following:
- Eyes of a hawk
- Strength of a bear
- Speed of a puma
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines, demonstrating clear enthusiasm towards your work
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & ability to liaise with a number of stakeholders across regional teams
- Super hero levels of attention to detail
- Good copywriting skills & clear creative flair
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional knowledge of email principles
- Intermediate working knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver
- Experience working with email and CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM and/or Exact Target would be preferable)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite user
- Be FUN & enjoy working in a dynamic & hard working team
- Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns