The role of the Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer/Assessor is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in Electrical & Instrumentation engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines.
The role will also include the progressive development of the Electrical & Instrumentation engineering curriculum and the material associated with its delivery.
The role may also include other tasks as directed by the Training Manager.
The delivery and assessment of Electrical & Instrumentation engineering courses up to level 3.
The development of Electrical & Instrumentation engineering course delivery material and ensuring compliance with awarding body standards
* To deliver and assess Electrical & Instrumentation engineering courses up to and including level three.
* To develop and maintain the current Electrical & Instrumentation engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
* Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
* Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc).
* To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
* Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
* To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner.
* Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
* To assist in the overall development of the training centre.
* To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Electrical &
* Instrumentation engineering.
* To prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
* To provide pastoral care and support to students
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Have a minimum of three years experience in industry in Electrical & Instrumentation.
* Competent in domestic or industrial installation & maintenance, you will ideally hold your 17th Edition. Knowledge and experience on plant and process control systems would be an advantage but is not essential
* Hold a level three qualification in Electrical & Instrumentation and have completed a full level 3 apprenticeship.
* Have a sound knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation engineering principles
* Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
* Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
* Car driver
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
* Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
* Has experience of delivering and developing Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering courses
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.