The way that people shop is changing, fast.
We are the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and have built a pioneering online shopping and fulfilment solution that has revolutionised the way people buy groceries and more. We make shopping liberating: quicker, simpler, more personal and more convenient - and we’ve won consumers awards galore for this incredible customer-centric approach. Join us today to help revolutionise the weekly shop.
Ocado is looking for a passionate and sharp individual to make it easier for thousands of customers to shop for their groceries. Help customers to find their weekly essentials as well as to discover their favourite new products from Ocado's vast and exciting range.
It’s a role that combines creativity, data and attention to detail to improve the customer experience and commercial value of Ocado.com and the mobile apps.
You and your team will bridge Buying, Creative, Insight and Marketing teams as you work to identify and deliver continuous improvements and innovations to drive conversion and sales.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Managing the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of all onsite product merchandising including product details, images, search experience, navigation and events
- Mentoring and managing the merchandising team to increase the level of knowledge and productivity within the team
- Driving innovation and providing inspiration for our customers through continually thinking through new ways to shop that drive conversion and sales
- Developing test and learn plans for our new personalised customer initiatives and iterating in future
- Liaising with the Grocery Insight team to scope and interpret analysis for merchandising improvements
- Supporting the Buying team to curate, review and refine the exposure, quality and presentation of offers and promotions
- Providing a service to the rest of the teams; streamlining processes and guidelines to cut out unnecessary discussion
- Evaluate and react to competitors’ merchandising and marketing initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in any of: top tier consultancy, e-commerce, retail, or consumer goods
- Good excel and analytical understanding are needed to allow you to interpret insight and draw conclusions to inform future decision making
- Highly organised and able to work on large number of different tasks at the same time, as well as being able to manage the workload of the team
- Able to work collaboratively with teams across the business with the healthy tension of conflicting KPIs
- Strong communication and decision making ability
- A strong motivator, able to bring out the best in a team
- Customer focused as the more you can understand our customers’ needs, the easier and more fulfilling this job will be
- Good degree from a top tier university
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job