E-Commerce Manager (Retail)
£40,000 - £50,000 a year DOE
Our client a leading retailer based in Burgess Hill, are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for their next E-Commerce Manager to join them, who will have the opportunity to quickly progress into an E-Commerce Director.
The company plans to double its web revenues in the next 18 months which presents an exciting challenge for the right person. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for managing all aspects the company’s e-commerce - including managing and developing the company’s website, organic and paid traffic generation and delivering online sales. You will manage all aspects of online marketing leading to traffic generation including SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing and online content (website, social media pages, blog etc). You will work closely with external agencies and our offline marketing and finance teams to meet the company’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and energetic with a positive outlook, be highly organised and very attentive to detail. You will be analytical in approach, strong numerically, commercially aware and focussed on delivering results. You will have a deep understanding of e-commerce strategy and online buyer behaviour and be able to manage the purchase funnel, using standard industry tools such as Google Analytics and heat maps.
- Leading, managing and motivating the e-commerce team (currently 4 people)
- Developing and managing all aspects of online marketing campaigns
- Company website - development of the companies desktop and mobile sites including content generation, technical development and site evolution, with insight into the purchase funnel and traffic drop-out points and strategies to remove buying hurdles
- Natural search - managing the SEO strategy including keyword selection and monitoring, and developing strategies to improve SERPS results
- Paid search - managing Google PPC strategy, including management of web agencies, focussed on understanding product-line profitability and ROI by product
- Social media - managing the company’s existing social media presence, evolving the strategy onto relevant new platforms as required
- CMS - ensuring products are promptly and accurately uploaded with fresh unique content
- Reviews - managing and developing strategies for product and company reviews
- Affiliates - developing a profitability business plan for working with appropriate affiliates
- Email marketing - producing regular informative email campaigns, analysing campaign performance, developing strategies for database list growth (using Pure360 email marketing)
- Media buying - negotiating best-value online media and working with the offline marketing team
- Analysis and reporting - developing regular insightful analysing & reporting on web analytics and developing appropriate business plans as a result
- Budget management - achieving revenue and margin targets whilst managing marketing spend within agreed budgets
- Content - overseeing the company’s strategy for content development, maintaining an integrated online/offline marketing content calendar
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job