Join the family
Greggs are coming to Gatwick Airport with a new Landside shop due to open in 2020.
This will be a prestigious shop so we are looking for ambitious Duty Managers to come aboard and lead this high flying team in our exciting and high-profile, new Gatwick Airport Landside Shop!
Greggs are bucking the high street trend and provide a solid and secure foundation for employees looking to progress their retail career, providing training, internal progression opportunities through new shop openings, secondments, etc. and rewarding all of our employees for their hard work, no matter which position they hold in the company, we value everyone's contributions.
£26,520 per annum
Please note - Night shift premium (25%) is paid between the hours of 10pm - 6am
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Hours: 42 hours per week
Shifts: The Duty Manager will be required to work a variety of shifts.
Please note this shop will operate 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
Working with the Shop Manager, you’ll be part of a team that puts the customers at the heart of everything you do making sure their experience is a great one. How? Commitment, hard work and of course lots of fun along the way.
Running the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager, you'll set high standards and make sure the team reaches them. You'll be responsible for achieving sales targets and other key targets.
You’ll find the role both varied and rewarding; getting involved with the training of members of the team and ensuring customer expectations are met.
You’ll find this is management at its most practical – you'll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serving customers and make sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming. It’ll appeal to your hands-on nature.
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or duty manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
If you've worked in food production or retail before, that’s even better!
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. Be brilliant in your role and you'll get some brilliant things back from us in return:
- Access to some great training and development activities
- Opportunities to develop and progress your career with us
To be able to:
- Deliver great service experiences for your customers
- Motivate and help lead a high performing team
- Achieve consistently high standards
- Drive sales in the shop
- Contribute to the profit of the shop
- Up to 50% staff discount off Greggs products and free coffee and tea while at work
- A thorough training programme to help you excel in your new role as Supervisor
- Progression and development opportunities (we are expanding and progressing our people internally is important to us!)
- 21 days holiday per annum (plus bank holiday)
- Discount partnerships
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that listens to your ideas and opinions
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that contributes to the local community through The Greggs Foundation, Breakfast Clubs, Local Charity Committees and much more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.