Job Title: Duty Manager
Our client is looking to recruit a Duty Manager to have overall responsibility for supporting (and deputising for) the Store Manager in managing, controlling and developing the business to maximise sales and achieve agreed sales and profit targets. In addition the Duty Manager assists the Store Manager in the effective management of the team, stock management and the security & maintenance of the store.
- Assisting in the recruitment for Assistant positions in line with Company recruitment policies and procedures.
- Inducting and training new staff in the store and developing team to full potential.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of sales goals and targets.
- Ensuring, through regular meetings, that all staff are fully conversant with promotions, incentives, sales information, special events, training activities and new/changes in Company policies.
- Building and car park maintenance.
- Efficient store administration procedures
- Ensuring that all store procedures and systems, as detailed on the Intranet e.g. Till Procedures, Banking, Stock management are carried out/completed as per Company standard.
- Seeking and obtaining feedback from customers on service levels
- Ensuring sales areas are appropriately merchandised
- Regularly reviewing stock profiles to ensure they meet customer demands and that the store is performing to the Company stock management standards and procedures
- Ensuring the team is motivated, confident and knowledgeable in delivering the company brand and vision
- Effectively resolving customer complaints in line with Company policy & procedures
- Identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities in order to achieve and improve upon sales targets, including exclusive product lines.
- Understanding and being fully knowledgeable about the market, existing customers, potential customers and the activities of competitors.
- Establishing and developing good relationships with key customers & colleges.
- Obtaining feedback on sales initiatives and customer service and putting forward ideas to improve the business and overall sales.
- Maintaining Company merchandising and presentation standards (Visual Thinking).
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring the full salon design service is offered to customers and to follow up on any quotes and leads.
- Experience of managing a team
- Assistant store management experience
- Experience of working in a retail sales target environment
- Knowledge of sales/profit targets and KPIs
- A working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Previous knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures
- Good understanding of external & internal customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Management & Team Building skills
- Visual Display and Merchandising skills
- Influencing skills and the ability to use initiative
- Motivating skills
- Strong delegation and leadership skills
- Full UK Driving License is essential
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"