Our customers rely on our stores for everything from a pint of milk to tonight’s evening meal. The role of our store team is to make sure our customers receive excellent service at all times. For that to happen, our stores need the right people to take the lead, inspiring and motivating the team to deliver high standards and great customer service.
We’re currently looking for a Duty Manager / Supervisor to join our team. You’ll support the store manager in motivating, managing and developing the team within the store to maximise store performance.
- Manage and supervise colleagues during your shift
- Be a role model and lead the team to work together to provide an exceptional customer experience setting Southern Co-op apart from our competitors
- Ensure continued and sustainable growth in our business through managing and developing people
- Support the operational management of the store to ensure a safe, legal and high-performing business, whilst taking overall responsibility in the absence of the store manager
- Handle deliveries to make sure our shelves are never empty, manage cash and assist the store manager to deliver across all operational KPI’s
- Assist in delivering performance across all operational KPI’s
- Promote Southern Co-op by identifying and actioning opportunities to engage with and support the local community to create a unique point of difference
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Proven team leader or supervisor experience within a food retail or similar fast-paced operation
- Committed to achieving and sustaining exceptional customer service standards
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise effectively
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to take appropriate action and make decisions
- Committed to promoting collaborative working
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a positive attitude
- Personal Licence Holder (or able to obtain and hold a licence within 16 weeks of appointment)
- Committed to develop own skills and apply learning to improve own performance
As a business we recognise people are at the heart of our business. We encourage development and progression from within and we work hard to create opportunities through initiatives like our management training programme, giving colleagues the scope to accelerate their careers.
If you love the pace of retail and providing great customer service, as well as a sense of personal achievement in developing your people, then this could be the career for you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a generous bonus, pension and colleague discount schemes.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"