Duty Manager Coach Stations
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive Duty Manager to join our team at Birmingham! We are looking for an individual with exceptional customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels. The successful candidate will work as part of a busy team monitoring activities and managing our Customer Service Advisors to ensure that all our customers get the experience they deserve - whether they are starting a journey, ending a journey, buying tickets or making an enquiry. Birmingham Coach Station is a busy and fast paced environment - no day is the same! The Duty Manager role is suited to individuals who are energetic and ready to go the extra mile to deliver exceptional service to our passengers.
- Motivating and leading team members
- Ensuring team members develop their skills through goal setting and coaching
- Maintaining an excellent level of service to all customers
- Liaising with and supporting drivers
- Dealing with complaints and escalations from customers
- Monitoring and recording KPI;s and targets
- Day to day running of coach station operations
Skills and attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to stay calm under the pressure
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in people management
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Company pension
- Attractive salary
- 22 days annual leave (+ Bank holidays)
- Free coach travel for you and your partner
- Variety of deals and discounts from NX online portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
You may also have previous experience in the following: customer service, call centre, retail, train station, airport, management, assistant manager.
If this sounds like the next step in your professional career, follow the link below to complete the application on our careers website.
Successful candidates will be required to be flexible in order to accommodate various shift patterns, with Interviews being held on Saturday 28th April.
- customer service
- people management
- team leader
- conflict handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job