My Client is a fast paced, high footfall and heavily service based retail business. They have 3.5million customers going through the store yearly and have a high turnover of up to 30mil a year.
As a Duty Manager you will be in charge of one of four floor of the business, with up to 35 staff, managing the following:
- Staff development, training, motivation and progression plans
- Looking at sales day to day and how to drive them further through increasing basket spend and adding more items to customers baskets via upselling of products
- Driving fantastic service through customer interaction, this is a hands on role that will involve leading from the front and speaking wiht customers day to day from all walks of life. The same high level of service needs to be given to each customer.
- Fire fighting issues such as theft, poor customer feedback, stock loss or how the store looks, with the help of hte back office team who look after merchendising and stock ordering.
- Building relationships with your team as well as the rest of the store to ensure the business performs fantastically in terms of operations and sales.
- Be commercial to help drive footfall and sales.
You will Duty Manage the store for 3-5hours per shift which includes all shop floor, customer focused staff (up to100) and all KPIs for the store sales and service standards. You will be working 40hrs a week with hour of the store opening from 9am-12pm.
This is a business that has high service values and wants to build a culture of a friendly and hard working team. This role will drive this culture at all times with a view to progress to the next level down the line.
In order to be eligible for the role you must have the followign experience:
- Ideally you will have experience of managing at a Department Manager level or as a Deputy/Store Manager of a large format store.
- Be very customer service focused with demonstrable evidence of driving sales and standards through team motivation and development
- Be very people focused, with an ability to give and take on the spot feedback to constantly improve staff performance and engagement, you will also have a real focus on training and development of your staff