Duty Engineer (Facilities)
We are looking for an experienced, qualified and flexible (the role requires unsociable working hours) Duty Engineer for a well established, prestigious, land mark building in the centre of Chichester, West Sussex.
This is a key role in the organisation and will involve dealing with staff throughout the organisation, sub-contractors, professionals and the public.
The position is to provide electro-mechanical support to the smooth running of the complete facility including the interior, exterior, of all buildings and associated grounds. This will include, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, horticultural, statutory, ground maintenance, reactive maintenance and servicing works & external areas.
Working hours 40 hours over 5 days per week covering Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 23:00
Annual leave and sickness cover for duty engineers as required, to include Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday as necessary
Additional hours and bank holidays worked will be taken as time off in lieu at an agreed time with your Line Manager
- Carry out reactive maintenance of all buildings and associated grounds to ensure all services are in good working order as required including, but not limited to painting, plumbing, carpentry, gardening and general building repairs
- Assist Facilities engineer when undertaking small work repairs, installations and fault finding on various electrical and mechanical equipment and additional works that fall outside routine show cover
- Assist external contractors providing building or plant services
- Liaise closely with all departments on any building works/project that may impact on infrastructure or operations.
- Carry out daily checks of all buildings and grounds and report on findings to your line manager.
- Carry out regular checks to ensure working plant, equipment and services
- Carry out maintenance necessary to ensure the road and pavements within the curtilage are maintained allowing safe access and egress at all times.
- Assist Facilities engineer to Carry out routine PPM maintenance to AHU, FCU, MVHR and A/C units and filter replacement
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Carry out routine testing of the Fire Alarm System and associated systems and enter in the Fire Log book
12. Recording Monthly Electric, water and gas meter readings
- Provide clear and effective communication at all times to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Training to be provided as necessary
- Participate in the training and mentoring of apprentices.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
Proven experience of working in a similar role.
A competent track record of operational and technical aspects of the buildings and services across multiple disciplines.
A BTEC, City and Guilds, HNC or HND or equivalent qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or General Building Services.
Proven knowledge of air handling systems, chilled water systems, gas systems and ground source heating/cooling.
Working knowledge and understanding of Trend building management systems.
Capable of working within a customer focused environment where customer satisfaction is essential Demonstrable communication skills at all levels when working with other departments and contractors
Effective problem solving with the ability to achieve pragmatic solutions. Able to work alone or part of a team.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Have a flexible approach to work within a small team with a track record of keeping calm whilst working under pressure
Experience in areas such as COSHH, IOSH, Manual handling PASMA and/or IPAF certificate
Full UK Drivers’ licence
Portable appliance testing
Interest in sustainability and efficiency
Approachable individual with a professional manner
Flexible approach to working, including the ability to work unsocial hours
The ability to demonstrate complete discretion, trustworthiness and confidentiality at all times
The ability to be conscientious and methodical in the approach to multiple tasks (able to prioritise workloads)
Demonstrable time management skills
To be self-motivated and good team player
Have a willingness to attend onsite or off site training as deemed necessary by the employer
Excellent punctuality and reliability
- Air Conditioning
- Building Maintenance