A highly successful VC backed brand who look to enhance people’s lives by making premium quality mattresses that are affordable and hassle-free to order. The company have sold tens of thousands of mattresses across Europe and North America, have successfully IPO’d with a company valuation over £100m and now expanding into other products related to getting a great night’s sleep. After three years, the company have grown to almost 100 members of staff and are one of the UK’s fasted growing start-ups.This is an entry level graduate job paying £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the International Team responsible for growing the brand and client base in new markets with a focus on the Benelux region and in particular the Netherlands. This is a brilliant opportunity for a fluent Dutch speaking graduate to join an internationally recognised start-up brand and help manage its expansion into new countries, which will fast track your career with a range of transferable skills.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Marketing; working to scale various digital and above the line marketing channels efficiently.
• Product Management; where ‘product’ is the website you will help the Web Team deliver a slick and seamless customer web experience, ultimately aiming to increase conversion rates and grow revenue.
• PR; working with a PR agency to maximise reach across organic and press channels.
• Aspects of copy writing and translation; taking ownership of the copy on the Benelux website(s).
• Strategy; contributing to decision-making around product launches, product pricing, marketing spends, communications.
What are the ideal candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, minimum 2:1.
• A fluent Dutch speaker with excellent written and spoken Dutch.
• Comfortable with being autonomous and have proven experience of being responsible for a project from conception to completion.
• This job suits an ambitious character as there is a huge opportunity for anyone with aspirations in the start-up, ecommerce or digital world.
• Energetic, positive, and always have a friendly can-do attitude.
• Someone who will buy in to the company brand and be proud to promote and represent it.
• A people person who enjoys connecting and engaging with all team members.
• An excellent communicator with stakeholders at all levels.
• Independent, proactive and always looking for ways to improve.
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• A change-maker, accountable and not afraid of taking responsibility.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• The opportunity to contribute to one of the UK’s start up success stories (2 years from start to
• Competitive salary.
• Private health care when probation is passed.
• Hiit classes, yoga and community events in a shared office space.
• A free mattress and pillow, and great discounts for family and friends (once probation is
• For anyone looking to learn the essentials of online marketing and e-commerce, this is a great opportunity.
• For the right candidate, there are also unlimited career progression opportunities, the company’s first intern now heads up some of their key European businesses.