This is a permanent role based near Bedford in Bedfordshire offering competitive salary and attractive benefits package. The successful candidate will be responsible for the correct execution of vehicle tests and the appropriate test vehicle issue analysis (root cause) with the objective of optimising timing and quality of test programmes.
* Develop Plans and Schedules
* Schedule work and facility utilization to achieve maximum efficiency (consider timing, budget requirements and priorities).
* Operate to Customer / Department Processes
* Prepare and Conduct tests
* Prepare all necessary documentation to conduct the tests in a safe, controlled and repeatable manner.
* Supervise the tests in compliance with test procedures, analyse and interpret driver reports and data. Provide instructions to test drivers and technicians.
* Lead issue Investigations, repairs and rebuilds on test vehicles.
* Supervise the procurement of replacement/spare part and shipping of vehicles and parts.
* Compile regular reports on progress and status
* Analyse, document and report test results, present data and root cause.
* Compile incident reports.
* Ensure tests are completed within defined timeframes.
* Compile Evaluation reports.
* Validate vehicles against measurable targets as well as conducting subjective vehicle evaluations.
* Coordinate (mid-term and EOT) reviews.
* Perform validation on vehicle, system and component level.
* Key contact with the customer for tests.
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Relevant Engineering degree in Mechanical or Automotive discipline or similar
* Durability testing or similar vehicle testing experience
* Conducting technical investigations and report writing.
* Corrosion or quality testing experience (preferred but not essential)
* EV/ Hybrid vehicles (preferred but not essential)
* Vehicle network systems - CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
* Good communications skills both oral and written.
* Good PC skills
* Confident when dealing with customers both face to face and on the phone.
* Ability to work well in a team.
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving / lateral thinking
* Customer focused
* Flexible and adaptable
* Pro active
* Flexibility to work outside normal hours
* Flexibility to support validation activities in foreign countries
* Full UK driving licence (Motorcycle or HGV licence advantageous)
* SC clearance or ability to achieve this
* Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job