Can you inspire the next generation of food specialists? Are you ready to unearth the next 'Bake-off' champion? If so, we've got a fantastic opportunity for you!
This secondary school with a good reputation in the local area is looking for a Food Technology Teacher to join them on a full-time basis. The school is based in the North Kirklees area. If you're local, apply with us today!
You will be responsible for teaching Food Technology up to key stage 4, planning, preparing and marking work, ensure that the pupils are on track to hit their projected grades and preparing them for exams.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching and coordinating Food Technology up to GCSE Level
- Promote Food Technology as a subject throughout the school through creative and interesting lessons and subject delivery.
- Assist with producing and implementing schemes of work in line with the national curriculum
- Report writing and ensure that all deadlines are met in line with the school's targets.
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to the schools Health and Safety policies and that all equipment is used correctly.
- Attend and chair departmental meetings.
- Prepare ingredients and maintain equipment to ensure that practical lessons are completed safely and effectively within the given time.
- Ensure relevant homework is set and marked providing the students with meaningful feedback.
- Free parking
- Good transport links from Kirklees, Leeds and Bradford
- Free training, both online and on-site
- 'Refer-a-Friend' scheme where you could have a chance of earning £300
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Supportive and outgoing colleagues
- Evidence of nutritional knowledge - qualification beneficial
- QTS or equivalent teaching qualifications
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum
- Experience working with KS3/4 pupils
- A drive to inspire the next generation
The school strongly believes that every student has the right to learn and to achieve in a safe, caring environment. They have a strong discipline policy which incorporates a consequence system and ensures good behaviour is rewarded. The School has a real commitment to student achievement, providing the right environment to develop confidence and self-esteem and promote positive learning throughout the whole school.
The School offers a wide curriculum supported by a large number of extra-curricular activities to ensure that each student has the opportunity to achieve their potential.
If this is the role for you please apply online now.
Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Food technology; DT; nutrition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'