A dynamic and impressive Academy in Chester is looking to appoint a Teacher of Design Technology. The DT Teacher job is to start ASAP and will be for the remainder of the academic year, with a potential to continue in February 2018.
The timetable will consist of teaching KS3 and KS4 Resistant Materials, Graphics and Product Design. There will also be an expectation to teach KS3 Maths and cover one day of general cover each week.
The Academy prides itself on giving students experience of University life and the successful DT teacher will be impressed with the modern working environment and facilities that they will teach in.
The post would suit either an NQT or an experienced teacher who is committed to helping young people achieve. Specific teaching responsibilities will be discussed in more detail at interview.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a number of the following;
· Qualified Teacher Status
· The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
· Excellent organisational and ICT skills
· The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
· To communicate and consult with colleagues and parents on any aspects of your students' work.
· Stimulate the interest and curiosity of students and to foster their capacity and motivation to pursue their work independently
· To maintain good order and discipline among students and safeguard their health and safety at all times
· To fulfil your responsibilities towards all the students you may meet in whatever context of the school's work and environment
The benefits of joining Hays Education include:
· Competitive rates of pay
· One to one relationship with a consultant who will deal with your specific needs
· Free accredited career and professional development training
· Recommend a friend scheme that can earn you £250 per person
· Specialist assistance with CV writing, interview techniques etc.
· Choice from a wide range of long term and permanent Secondary teaching jobs
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.