Work Relief Charity Recruitment is recruiting for a Surrey based charity specialising providing a range of housing, relationship and employment support programmes to clients who have experienced substance misuse and mental health issues.
Due to the exciting development of a community engagement initiative in partnership with the NHS, we are looking to recruit a Drug and Alcohol Recovery Worker manage a caseload of clients based in one of the local community hubs in either Reigate or Chertsey.
Drug and Alcohol Recovery Worker
Based in Chertsey or Reigate, Surrey with ability to travel across local area
£19,000 - £24,000 per annum pro rata
Full Time, Permanent
Access to own transport essential as is willingness to travel across the area.
Key duties will include:
- To engage/re-engage, refer, and support dependent alcohol users and problematic drug users to access evidenced based harm reduction, treatment and recovery support to initiate recovery, build and/or utilise recovery to move into long term sustained recovery and social (re)integration.
- Work as member of a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of an integrated substance misuse service.
- Provide needle exchange, naloxone, and harm reduction advice at clinic hubs and in the community,
- Deliver overdose prevention training.
- Engage with dependent alcohol users, high-risk drinkers with complex needs, and problematic drug users, and facilitate access to assessment, treatment and recovery options
- Work flexibly across operational sites as required which will include evening and weekend work.
This is a super role within the charity which will inevitably lead to the successful candidate developing their career within the sector. We see this as an ideal role for an experienced Recovery Worker / Drug and Alcohol Project Worker / Engagement Worker / Outreach Worker / Community Worker / Support Worker / Counsellor or other experienced person in facilitating interventions for those with a history of substance misuse.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in a relevant role
- Diploma or degree in appropriate subject i.e. counselling, psychology, social work, probation, mental health, Health and Social Care (level 3) NVQ’s level 3+ or DANOS level 3 and/or a minimum of 2 years community experience of drug, alcohol, mental health work
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery, and evidence based interventions for services users with problematic drug use and/or alcohol dependency.
- Experience of facilitating or co-facilitating group work.
- Knowledge and understanding of community working, lone working, and ability to maintain safety whilst working in the community.
- Ability to work flexibly across operational hours and evenings and weekends, where required
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as part of a multidisciplinary team (statutory and voluntary) from a service hub in one of 3 locations and to travel to and from a number of different locations on a daily basis.
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV.
All suitable candidates will be asked to complete an application form.
The deadline for the return of applications is 09:00am - Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job