DRTV Account Manager
Role and client overview
As a result of sustained growth and a host of new business wins we are looking to recruit an experienced DRTV Account Director.
This is a key role within Universal McCann Birmingham’s Broadcast team, working across our full portfolio of broadcast clients, many of which are integrated with the wider McCann Birmingham full service advertising agency proposition.
The successful candidate will have 6+ years DRTV planning and buying experience, allowing you to lead multiple accounts in the team to ensure they are profitable, and growing. You will take responsibility for the delivery of media planning, buying and in-campaign optimisations to ensure our clients’ needs are met and any business issues are addressed.
Given UM Birmingham’s position as a leading network agency, the candidate will have flexibility to work out of either the main UM Birmingham office, our Milton Keynes office or from the McCann Demand office in Central London. Furthermore, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to build a team around them in the event of future organic growth and new business successes. You will be regularly asked to participate in pitches for new business, and will be expected to approach these with both a creative and commercial mind-set.
Who you will work with...
- Internal: Agency management/leadership team, agency account team, including Planners/Strategists, Creative teams and directors, Creative Services and Production staff, New Business team, Human resources, Finance/accounts.
- External: Client marketing team, including Marketing Director, Client procurement personnel, other agencies in the client's roster e.g. Public Relations, regulatory bodies, new business opportunity contacts.
- You will report to the Broadcast Managing Partner but will be expected to work closely with the senior management team of the agency on all client related matters, identifying opportunities for growth whilst delivering against clients KPI’s. You will manage staff within your team, and be accountable for their performance and providing them with professional development opportunities.
What you are responsible for...
- Leading client accounts within the Broadcast Team, with overall responsibility for the client agency relationship.
- Working with the Planning team to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way. This is done in collaboration with Media Planners and Strategists within the UM Birmingham media team, as well as with Creative planners, either within McCann Central or from roster agencies to ensure integrated work is delivered for the client.
- It is imperative that you have a strong working knowledge of all DS Media and Nielsen Media products and Tech Edge and have consistently used response analysis systems throughout your career. Knowledge of and involvement in econometrics projects would be advantageous.
- Data analysis is central to the role, analysis of sales and consumer data is critical as is your ability to proactively use this data to develop and manage campaigns.
- Quantifying the halo effect of TV across other media channels is a key requirement
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members.
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including those in other agencies working on the same account.
- Reporting key financial and team data to the agency’s senior leadership team, finance and human resources departments.
- Play a key leadership role in relevant pitches in terms of creating and presenting content.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting your accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
Those who succeed are...
- Able to lead and inspire their team, the wider agency, clients, and other external partners.
- Commercially and creatively astute - numbers driven at all times.
- Effective negotiators.
- Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions.
- Responsible and accountable for their own and others’ work, delegating effectively to balance a varied and demanding workload, and appreciate that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual.
- Prepared to share credit and shoulder difficulties.
- Good at evaluating creative work from a DRTV perspective; able to give and receive feedback to support its development.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how advertising contributes to its success.
Our Values and Behaviours
McCann Central is its people. You help make the agency an enjoyable and successful place to work. Like our people, the agency has distinct characteristics, a personality and values that set us apart in our industry. Our values are explained below in terms of what we stand for as an agency and what we look for from your behaviour when you turn up to work each day.
- Direct Response Television
- Media Planning
- Media Sales
- Advertising Agency
- Response Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'