Key Responsibilities and Main duties
- Have a duty to take care of his/her own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by his/her actions.
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety. Ensure his/her work carried out follows the company policies, safety rules, procedures and the requirements of the risk assessments & method statements.
- Report near misses, unsafe act and unsafe conditions that he/she witnesses immediately.
- Wear the supplied personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Alongside with the driver, carry our Point of Work Risk assessment prior to start each activity and ensure that a safe system of work is in place.
- Attend toolbox talks when required.
- Cleaning the vehicle and carrying out minor repairs.
- Examining the vehicle before setting off, checking the load is safe.
- Telephoning customers to confirm times.
- Planning routes, navigating and advising the driver about diversions.
- Obtaining signatures from customers.
- Processing payments and issuing receipts.
- Banksman requirements.
Skills & Attributes
- Professional and polite with good communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Reliability and punctuality