For: Driver, West Drayton. £19,000 plus £2,100 shift allowance
- Liaise with Transport Manager/Supervisor to provide reliant distribution of materials.
- Carry out instructions on "collection/delivery notes" and/or "written instructions".
- Load and off-load your own vehicle in a timely manner ensuring all freight is present and undamaged.
- Assist with unloading of other vehicles as required.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, e.g. run sheets.
- Assist with labelling and palletizing if required.
- Ensure any cargo identified as Known Cargo is carried and handled correctly in compliance with Dft/CAA regulations.
- Carry out vehicle checks and to ensure that vehicle is road worthy.Ensure the correct use of Tachographs in vehicles where necessary.
- Maintain your vehicle cleanliness and roadworthiness at all times inside and out.
- Maintain vehicle records in line with company policies in a timely and accurate manner.
Person / Experience Required
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR Class 1 to 9) - desirable
- Previous industry experience
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
Monday - Friday 7am - 7 pm. 4 on 4 off
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.