Are you at least Class 2 HGV qualified and a hard worker who’s not afraid to get stuck in? We’re looking for a Yard Assistant in our Berkeley and location. You’ll get hands on with a large fleet of vehicles and team, ensure Health and Safety standards are met and maintain facilities. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Purpose of the role
To ensure all CTS Hire Fleet Vehicles are thoroughly washed externally and valeted internally prior to delivery and following collection. You will be required to assist with vehicle movements supporting the workshop and keep the yard area a clean, tidy and safe space at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pre-maintenance cleaning of all CTS hire fleet vehicles, ensuring the vehicles are cleaned and valeted to our high standards
- Pre-delivery quality checks on the fleet vehicles, ensuring all systems are functioning correctly, the cabs are clean and well presented for the customers
- Vital maintenance in and around the yard area, ensuring the yard is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Assist with keeping the welfare facilities in a clean and presentable condition at all times
- Carry out deliveries and collections of staff or vehicles to local service or maintenance providers, and on occasion to customer sites.
- Ensure steps are taken to maintain Health and Safety, ensuring safe working practices and operations. Adhering to appropriate method statements, risk assessments and utilisation of all PPE provided.
- Promptly report, and where possible, deal with any hazards that arise
- To protect and secure vehicles, buildings and property by following company procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer focused, positive and friendly
- Effective communication both written and spoken
- Reliability and professionalism
Qualifications and experience
HGV Class 2 (minimum) and Driver Qualification Card essential.
Working hours and Training
45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 5.00pm (30 minutes for lunch). Relevant training will be provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job