Driver with Sales Advisor duties – Goring by Sea
40 hours per week over 5 days
Monday to Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and reliable Driver to join the team at our branch in Goring to provide exceptional service to our customers. You will play a vital part in keeping the branch deliveries running smoothly - experience with our products isn't necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
With a prominent location on Mulberry Lane Trading Estate to the west of Worthing, this branch has a been part of the Brewers family for over 30 years supplying decorating materials to a range of customers in the area. The branch attracts a mixture of trade and retail customers to the store where we stock an extensive range of trade and designer paints as well as a large selection wallpapers and all the decorating supplies and sundries our customers need to get the job done.
Our team is made up of six members of staff who between them have over 90 years service and industry experience with Brewers so it’s no wonder we have built up a strong customer base and a reputation for being the decorator’s first choice.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 158 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our staff.
As our newest Driver you will:
- Make multi drop deliveries to customers in Goring and the surrounding area, driving the Company Transit van
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
- Promote and support the growth of the branch, being an ambassador for Brewers
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch
- Mix paint for customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Working in the branch when not driving
Who we are looking for:
- Familiar with Goring and the surrounding area
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Previous Forklift experience desirable but not essential
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Full driving license
- Previous professional driving experience advantageous although not required
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job