Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years’ experience. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Driver Trainer to join our team in Cannock to work 50 hours per week.
About the Driver Trainer:
- To be an ambassador of the company; training, coaching and supporting the driver workforce.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- To assist in the recruitment and ongoing employment of the workforce, striving for above average standards.
Key responsibilities of the Driver Trainer:
- Complete driver training in accordance with legislation, to an agreed schedule, supporting drivers through coaching and mentoring in reaching and maintaining the required standard.
- Maintain records for training in accordance with company policy and awarding body standard.
- Deliver CPC courses and driver evaluations when required;
- Provide a vibrant, engaging and positive approach to training, with strong awareness for legislation, company policy and vision;
- Support the transport office in undertaking; investigations and company compliance through chasing missing documentation.
- During peak operating times; must be prepared to undertake driving duties.
- Liaising with HR to support the recruitment and selection process from attending recruitment events to supporting the interview process and conducting driver assessments and inductions;
- Continually striving for improvement and devising new programmes to support and deliver the 20:20 vision;
- Represent the Pentalver Training Academy and HR department positively;
- Conduct HSSE tours and inductions to a high standard, ensuring that all relevant safety documentation is completed and provided to the relevant parties;
- Support HSSE site checks, reporting anything dangerous or potentially dangerous.
- Support HSSE initiatives and embed these initiatives within all employees to maintain Company standard;
- Observe and understand all risk assessments applicable to your area and the safe systems of work, constantly observing drivers conducting themselves correctly in this regard; support compliance processes, procedure, ensuring a proactive approach to meet strict standards.
Requirements of the Driver Trainer:
- Previous experience in HGV training
- Advanced driving qualification would be advantageous
- Proficient in MS office (word,excel,ppt)
- Excellent communicator, good understanding of the English language
Closing Date: 07.03.18
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Driver Trainer then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job