Community Link Driver
Contract: Fixed Term, 12 Months, Term Time Only
Hours: Part Time, 24 hours per week
Salary: £15,207 (Full Time Equivalent)
Essex County Council is currently recruiting for a Driver for their Community Link service to safely operate the vehicle and any disabled access equipment utilised in transporting passengers. The successful candidate will ensure the safe transfer between pickup/drop off locations and vehicles for passengers.
The successful candidate will assist in promoting the Community Link service in Essex and will work with Passenger assistant(s) allocated to the vehicle.
Drivers must have a D1 license.
* Representing the Community Link team
* Carry passengers in a safe cost effective way
* To work with the driver allocated to vehicle as a team to ensure customer care standards are maintained to a high level
* For passengers with identified needs, monitor those needs and respond with training specific to those passengers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Current holder of a valid driving licence with Category D1 entitlement.
* Knowledge and experience of driving a passenger carrying minibus would be advantageous.
* Able to demonstrate the ability to work with passengers with special needs and the elderly.
* Ability to carry out basic vehicle safety checks
* Ability to function as part of a team.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
* The applicant will be required to hold a pass certificate for the ECC minibus test before being awarded the post.
* The applicant will be required to complete an ECC driver's medical assessment (Note: The post will not be awarded until medical clearance is received)
* Able to transport passengers with a diverse range of needs.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
* A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
* At least 25 days' annual leave + 8 bank holiday days (rising to 29 days dependent on grade & length of service)
* Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
* Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
* Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
* Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
* Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
* Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Knowledge and experience of driving a passenger carrying minibus would be advantageous
- Current holder of a valid driving licence with Category D1 entitlement
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work with passengers with special needs