Driver – Surbiton
40 hours per week
Monday to Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and reliable Driver to join the team at our Brewers Decorator Centre in Surbiton. You will play a vital part in keeping the branch deliveries running smoothly - experience with our products isn't necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
Our Surbiton branch features a home design showroom, within which you’ll find an impressive choice of trade and designer paints, a huge selection of wallpapers and all the decorating sundries and equipment you could need. Our team is extremely experienced in the trade and always happy to give product advice to seasoned trades people and novice DIYers alike.
Our friendly team have over 100 years of industry knowledge between them so if you are looking to expand your knowledge in our industry, you will be in the best place to do it.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 158 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our staff.
As our newest Driver you will:
- Make multi drop deliveries to customers in Surbiton and the surrounding area, driving the Company Transit van
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
- Operate the fork lift truck to store stock safely (training will be given)
- Promote and support the growth of the branch, being an ambassador for Brewers
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch
- Mix paint for customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Working as a driver and carrying out warehouse duties when not driving
Who we are looking for:
- Familiar with Surbiton and the surrounding area
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Full driving license
- Previous driving experience advantageous although not required
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
- Comphensive Induction
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note –this role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.