Are you an experienced Transport or Driver Supervisor looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Driver Supervisor for our team in St Helens.
Driver Supervisor Role:
Joining our team, you will ensure that frontline drivers and loaders drive and operate vehicles and plant to the greatest profitability and efficiency to instructions from the Logistics Office in accordance with legal requirements, company policy and customer demands. You will:
- Provide driving cover where necessary and instruct / assess other drivers on how to maximise fleet efficiency and minimise costs within the parameters of current Logistics legislation.
- Ensure the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the collection fleet in conjunction with the Logistics office.
- Drive any vehicle which you have been trained to operate as directed by the Transport Department.
- Ensure drivers are competent and trained in the operation of Company vehicles by reviewing drivers every 6 months
- Ensure drivers undertake work in accordance with Risk assessments, Safe operating procedures and Company Procedures.
- Ensure drivers work to specified hours and specified rotas as per company requirements
- Along with the Logistics Coordinator team, randomly undertake vehicle audits to ensure compliance with Company procedures and requirements.
- Along with the Logistics Coordinator team, ensure vehicles are serviced and maintained in line with Company procedures.
- Provide replacement cover for Logistics Coordinators when required
The ideal Driver Supervisor:
- Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment
- Thorough knowledge of current legislation of LGV vehicles
- Knowledge of Drivers Working Regulations, Drivers Hours
- Tachograph / Digital smart card Operation
- Full Driving Licence, LGV licence (LGV Class 1 or class 2 Licence), Driver CPC, Drivers Digital Card
- CPC national training or working toward its completion within the first 12 months of employment
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Driver Supervisor, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Driver Supervisor.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'