Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear
£15,900 - £17,000
Our client provides licensed establishments with all of their bar and sundry supplies. They are more than just a distributor, ranking highly in the Sunday Times PWC Profit Track 100. They have become the fastest growing privately owned drinks company in Britain. Their aim is to provide the best customer service in the industry, as well as an impressive and extensive portfolio of products. Currently our client employs over 700 people and they have 15 depots across the UK as well as a Support Centre and Hub distribution centre based in Openshaw, in Manchester.
Reports To: Distribution & Warehouse Manager
To assist the driver in delivering products to customers within a specific area in a safe and friendly manner, assisting the driver with the care and upkeep of your designated vehicle.
To provide excellent Customer service standards to every customer.
- Assisting the driver in preparing the vehicle by conducting operator maintenance, ensuring all products for a delivery are correct and that they have been loaded onto the vehicle correctly and safely.
- Execute any special requests from customers by picking up and delivering items as directed on the delivery note
- Check all deliveries once they have been dropped at the final designation
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping information strictly confidential regarding premise security and operational information
- Assisting the driver in checking the run sheets, picked orders for your deliveries and routing
- To assist in planning your route and requirements for the drop by studying the schedule and any requests by the customer that are on the delivery note
- Make customers aware of any stock shortages or problems with their delivery
- Responsible for returning all empty cases and gas bottles and that they are correctly stored in the empties yard and unloaded in the correct manner
- Ensure that correct health and safety procedures are adhered to
- To assist the driver with all required checks and ensure that check sheets are passed to the distribution manager
- The ability to help in the warehouse when required
- To look presentable in the correct uniform at all times
- Good safety practices and presentable at all times
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
The average working hours: 40-50 hours per week (some weekends included as part of a 5 out of 7 day rota).
To apply for the role of Driver's Mate, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Driver's Mate, Drivers Mate, Van Mate, Driver’s Assistant, Trainee Multi-Drop Driver, Multi-Drop Driver’s Mate, Delivery Operative, Driving, Multi-Drop.