Our client based in Croydon is actively seeking a driver/installer for their busy operation.
JOB PURPOSE :
Driving 'multi-drop’ or 'bed’ vans.(LWB Transit size vehicles).
Delivering, setting up, informing about and collecting community equipment and independent living aids in vulnerable clients’ home environments, in accordance with manifests issued by the Company’s order process.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receiving and reviewing pre-scheduled appointments and equipment items from the order processing team. Clarifying and resolving any ambiguity, validity or special conditions in the details of specifications.
2. Collecting the pre-prepared equipment items from the warehouse. Loading the vehicle in a way that secures and protects equipment from deterioration.
3. Driving to, delivering and setting up the equipment in the client’s home or living environment. Assessing the environment and, if needed and agreed, supporting the move of furniture. Checking the correct assembly of equipment - taking into account the conditions of the vulnerable client (e.g. mobility and body weight). Tiding up and removing waste materials and dirt after setting up.
4. Providing practical user information about delivered equipment to clients, carers and commissioners, to assure the correct use and any limitations - taking into account the vulnerability of the client. Reporting any suspect adverse client conditions to the office, for relaying to carers.
5. De-installing and collecting disused community equipment, according to a pre-arranged collection schedule.
6. Assuring the segregation of potentially contaminated and decontaminated items within the delivery vehicle, to prevent any cross-contamination. Use bags as appropriate.
7. Timely and accurate inputting of information and records on portable electronic management system. Synchronise the handheld devices, to enable the preparation of accurate statistical reports.
8. Maintaining orderliness and cleanliness within the vehicle. Completing vehicle checks and driving records.
9. Ensuring the dignity, privacy and rights of work contacts at all times, acting without prejudice or undue favour towards any person, including colleagues, services clients and carers, prescribers, or any other (internal and external) customer. Being courteously sensitive to social, cultural, linguistic and religious needs.
10. Actively learning, maintaining and developing an up to date knowledge of the Company’s community equipment processes.
11. Responding positively to requests for help and support.
12. Under direction of line manager, participating in the ongoing development, implementation and monitoring of the service improvement plans.
Assignment will run for approx 3 months, but could extend
You must live in easy commuting distance to Croydon, Surrey
Monday to Friday 25 Hours per week 2pm - 7pm
- Customer Care
- Equipment Installation