Founded in 1907 in Atlanta, Georgia USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Driver Helper Bishop's Stortford
£10.32 per hour
In order to ensure we are able to maintain service excellence throughout our peak period, we have exciting opportunities available assisting our drivers as temporary driver helpers.
This role will involve meeting drivers, at predetermined locations within the local area of the relevant UPS Centre, in order to assist with deliveries and collections during peak periods. Helpers will be paid for all hours worked from the point of meeting with the driver until completion of duties.
Whilst we are unable to guarantee a fixed amount of hours at this stage as this may vary dependant on volumes and specific areas, it is anticipated that helpers will, in the main, be required to work from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. Similarly whilst during the busiest weeks, we expect helpers to be required Monday to Friday, in quieter periods this may differ.
- Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages that can weigh up to 70kg's
- Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met.
- Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
- Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
- Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines. .
- To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job