Hours: Monday to Friday 07.30 - 4.30pm
As a driver / counter assistant you are responsible for assisting the manager in the deliveries and sales of your branch. You will work alongside your trade counter colleagues undertaking tasks as directed, including but not limited to; loading/unloading, picking stock, delivering stock and serving customers. You will be expected from time to time to undertake looking after the trade counter. You will be expected to comply and follow all company policies and directives and look to progress your knowledge.
- Assist the manager in the development, plans and sales strategies for your branch that ensures the attainment of maximising company sales and profitability in accordance with company policy. Ensure that your branch achieves or surpasses any targets and budgets set in accordance with the group policy
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales, development and marketing plans as required.
- Be able to identify, pick, load and deliver product in a timely and professional way.
- Unloading, checking, picking, and loading deliveries
- Provide cover in the absence of the manager/assistant.
- Assist in staff reviews, training and activity performance.
- Ensure best practice at all times.
- Maintain accurate records of sales, deliveries, vehicle checks reports as required.
- Promotion of good housekeeping and keeping the branch in order.
- Promotion of the highest levels of customer service and ensuring a top customer experience at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and help ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
- Good local Knowledge, and knowledge of the local road system.
- Full UK driving licence
- PC Literate
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Ideally some knowledge of the construction industry
- Able to work well within a close team environment
- Reliability – consistent, clear, integrity, enthusiastic, trust worthy
- Level headed – Able to deal with problems in a calm and methodical manner
- Local knowledge of customers and the local area
- Physically fit
- Team player, flexible with a “can do” attitude
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'